Education is an everybody issue. In addition to the direct school and sector support services we offer, we also work to engage and educate the community about the school choice options and change opportunities that high-quality public charter schools are creating in Tennessee. Community leaders, professionals, and parents participate in the following programming options:
- A community-driven charter initiative, working to to empower communities by equipping them with the training and framework by which to select a charter model that fits the needs and interests they self-establish.
- Audience: Communities interested in developing a charter for the neighborhood
- Contact: Jaques Hamilton, jaques [at] tnchartercenter [dot] org
Board Leaders of Color Collaborative (BLOCC)
- Generously sponsored by New Schools Venture Fund, the Board Leaders of Color (BLOC) Initiative seeks to recruit and train new board leaders of color and to connect current board leaders of color in order to support charter schools and advocate for the sector through their unique lens and perspective.
- Audience: Professionals of Color
- Contact: Marceia Ashe, marceia [at] tnchartercenter [dot] org