COVID-19 Online & At Home Learning Resources
Last updated: May 21, 2020
COVID-19 continues to be a source of caution for families, schools, local and state officials. As the health and well-being of our students, employees and community remains our top priority, we are continuing to monitor recommended courses of action and share resources as they become available. Please see below a compiled list of information and resources that is continuously being updated by our team.
Please find regular updates from the Tennessee Department of Education here: Update on Coronavirus.
Department of Education Guidance
- Over the weekend, the U.S. Department of Education released a fact sheet in response to concerns that previous guidance left school districts unsure of how to provide services for students with disabilities while school buildings are closed as a result of COVID-19.
- The U.S. Department of Education also issued a new Guidance Fact Sheet on FERPA and virtual learning.
- Federal Guidelines on Remote Learning
Information About How To Get Online
- Please join the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools in signing on to a letter urging the FCC to allow E-rate to support home internet access so our schools can keep classrooms open online even if school buildings must temporarily close.
- Information about free wifi hotspot access from Comcast and AT&T for the next 60 days
- Information about free internet access through Spectrum: 1-844-488-8395
- EPB Quick Connect WiFi hotspots now available: In partnership with the Hamilton County Department of Education, EPB (Electric Power Board) has worked to make digital access available to those who need it with the installation of WiFi hotspots throughout town. Parents and students are encouraged to use this free service for online learning and other necessary business from the safety of your car. Click here for locations.
Media Partnerships for Distance Learning
- WMC Action News partnered with Shelby County Schools to stream lessons to students during COVID-19. Learn more here. Find lessons here or on BOUNCE (Channel 906).
- Tennessee Department of Education partners with PBS to deliver daily instructional content to Tennessee students.
- The Chattanooga Time Free Press launched TFP Families, a free resource that provides cultural and educational activities and videos for children and families through local partnerships.
General Distance Learning Resources
- Great Minds offers a free distance learning resource that might be helpful for schools.
- Zearn also offers a free distance learning resource for our schools.
- Hamilton County Schools continued learning resources.
- Rocketship Public Schools: Distance Learning Launchpad
- Grab and Go Instructional Materials From School Resource Hub
For more information check out the following links:
- COVID-19 General Resources
- School Leader Resources
- Education of Vulnerable Populations Resources
- Food Resources
- Full List of Resources
TCSC will continue to update this page as additional resources and updates are made available. Please submit additional information to Joshua Perkins at joshua [at] tnchartercenter [dot] org using the subject: Additional Resources for COVID-19 Webpage.
The TCSC Team