General COVID-19 Resources
Last updated: May 21, 2020
COVID-19 continues to be a source of caution for families, schools, local and state officials. As the health and well-being of our students, employees and community remains our top priority, we are continuing to monitor recommended courses of action and share resources as they become available. Please see below a compiled list of information and resources that is continuously being updated by our team.
Please find regular updates from the Tennessee Department of Education here: Update on Coronavirus.
- COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing Locations Open this Weekend, April 18 and 19, Statewide
- COVID-19 Emergency Child Care for Essential Workers Enrollment Form
Information from Governor Bill Lee
- COVID-19 Bulletin #25: April 24, 2020
- Governor Lee Extents Stay at Home Order Through the End of April
- Information About the Ongoing Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus 2019
- World Health Organization: “Do the Five”
- Rapid Response Resources: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Tennessee Department of Health: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- This new guidance was issued by the CDC specifically about keeping children healthy.
- The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) has created an online site where you can track state and local COVID-19 actions, as has the National Conference of State Legislatures. ExcelinEd has also created a map and online guide for school closures and accountability waiver status. The Education Commission of the States has created a state legislative tracker associated with COVID-19 related legislation and education.
- The Department of Education COVID-19 hotline is available for district leaders 629-888-5898 or toll free 833-947-2115. The hotline is available Monday-Friday 6:30 am – 4:30pm CST. Or, email: K12.health [at] tn [dot] gov.
- For nutrition program-specific questions, contact the Department’s Nutrition Hotline Number at (800)-354-3663. It is available daily from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST. Or, email School.Nutrition [at] tn [dot] gov.
- Tennessee Department of Health has launched a Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line in partnership with the Tennessee Poison Center. The hotline number is 877-857-2945 and will be available from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST daily.
- Coronavirus checks, direct deposits are coming. Here's everything you need to know.
- Earn money now to support your family. The TN Talent Exchange powered by Jobs4TN will match you with employers in your area who have immediate job openings in the grocery and retail industries. Good paying jobs with flexible hours. Apply here.
- COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans Frequently Asked Questions
School Closure Information
- Governor Bill Lee recommends that schools remain closed through the rest of the school year.
- Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Shelby County Public Schools
- Knox County Public Schools
- Hamilton County Public Schools
- On Friday, March 20th, the President announced that the federal government would waive testing and accountability for all K-12 schools this year. The U.S. Department of Education issued the following letter with guidance on this issue.
- From the Tennessee Department of Education - Charter Schools FAQ: COVID-19 Closure Guidance
- Nashville - For a full run down on the status of all Metro services, public utilities, courts, and more please visit asafenashville.org and then click "Status of Nashville Services" or click here.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Information
For more information check out the following links:
- School Leader Resources
- Online & At Home Learning Resources
- Education of Vulnerable Populations Resources
- Food Resources
- Full List of Resources
TCSC will continue to update this page as additional resources and updates are made available. Please submit additional information to Joshua Perkins at joshua [at] tnchartercenter [dot] org using the subject: Additional Resources for COVID-19 Webpage.
The TCSC Team