COVID-19 Food Resources
Last updated: May 21, 2020
COVID-19 continues to be a source of caution for families, schools, local and state officials. As the health and well-being of our students, employees and community remains our top priority, we are continuing to monitor recommended courses of action and share resources as they become available. Please see below a compiled list of information and resources that is continuously being updated by our team.
Please find regular updates from the Tennessee Department of Education here: Update on Coronavirus.
- The USDA announced flexibility for programs when schools close and announced a feeding program collaboration.
- School Meal Finder
- Mid-South Food Bank: COVID-19 Response
- The Food Research and Action Center has a webpage with resources here.
- No Kid Hungry has resources here and is offering grants to continue feeding students as schools are closed.
- H.R. 6201 Families First Coronavirus Response Act provides funding for various related programs.
- Statewide: The state agency has received a waiver for non-congregate feeding if schools are closed due to COVID-19, districts will operate the Seamless Summer Option for area eligible sites. If your district would like to utilize the waiver and operate SSO during closures due to COVID-19, please follow these steps;
- Reach out to Sandy Dawes, State Director of School Nutrition via email Sandy.Dawes [at] tn [dot] gov
- Provide the following information: Names of all schools you plan on providing meals; Type(s) of meal Programs that will be served (NSLP, NSB); Number of students you anticipate serving; What meal distribution method(s) you will be using for school closures due to COVID-19(remember this is for non-congregate feeding of SSO); Methods you will use to ensure proper operation of the program including meal content, meal counts, food safety, oversight, etc.; Methods of communication with families;
- Complete SSO application in TMAC: Reach out to your regional consultant; Work with Randa Meade, Office Number (615)-532-0372, or email Randa.Meade [at] tn [dot] gov
For more information check out the following links:
- COVID-19 General Resources
- School Leader Resources
- Online & At Home Learning Resources
- Education of Vulnerable Populations Resources
- Full List of Resources
TCSC will continue to update this page as additional resources and updates are made available. Please submit additional information to Joshua Perkins at joshua [at] tnchartercenter [dot] org using the subject: Additional Resources for COViD-19 Webpage.
The TCSC Team