COVID-19 Education of Vulnerable Populations Resources*
*Courtesy of the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
Last updated: May 21, 2020
COVID-19 continues to be a source of caution for families, schools, local and state officials. As the health and well-being of our students, employees and community remains our top priority, we are continuing to monitor recommended courses of action and share resources as they become available. Please see below a compiled list of information and resources that is continuously being updated by our team.
Please find regular updates from the Tennessee Department of Education here: Update on Coronavirus.
Educating Students with Disabilities
- As you may know, the U.S. Department of Education has released guidance regarding educating children with disabilities. You can find the newest guidance here and the FAQ is here.
- The National Center for Special Education in Charter Schools has an excellent resource page with information about accessibility, remote learning, and many other related matters here
- Understood.org has a page that includes guidance on disability issues in the workplace as well as guidance on educating students here. They have information in Spanish here
- This website offers the top 12 websites for children with disabilities (hosted by Special Education Degree)
- Diverse Learners Cooperative: COVID-19 Resource Hub
Educating Homeless Students
- This is a valuable question and answer document from the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness.
- The School House Connection has some of the best resources related to homeless students including checklists, guides, webinars, and other key resources.
- The National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth has a COVID-19 resource page including state-by-state links to key departments and information.
- The Juvenile Law Center has partnered with other organizations to publish this helpful report.
- The National Alliance to End Homelessness has created a page with links to a number of resources here
- The National Center for Homeless Education has a resource page here
- The National Health Care for the Homeless Council has a resource page here
- Charter Schools Serving Students Experiencing Homelessness During the COVID-19 Crisis Presentation
Educating Students in Foster Care
- The American Bar Association has this list of resources for foster children who are remote learning here.
- The Juvenile Law Center has published this report.
- The National Network to end Domestic Violence has created a resource page here.
Educating Students Who Speak Languages Other Than English and Refugee, Immigrant, and Undocumented Children
- This article in MS Magazine provides a good analysis of implications for immigrant populations.
- Immigrants Rising has published a detailed document to support undocumented populations here.
- The National Immigration Law Center has information about health care for immigrant populations here.
- One America for Justice for All has a page with resources related to immigration and COVID here.
- Ed Week has published some blogs regarding educating multilingual learners here.
- ColorinColorado has some resources for English Language Learners and specific issues related to immigrant children during COVID here.
For more information check out the following links:
- COVID-19 General Resources
- School Leader Resources
- Online & At Home Learning Resources
- Food Resources
- Full List of Resources
TCSC will continue to update this page as additional resources and updates are made available. Please submit additional information to Joshua Perkins at joshua [at] tnchartercenter [dot] org using the subject: Additional Resources for COViD-19 Webpage.
The TCSC Team